Conference Paper Proposals - 2015 Conference on Inclusion and Diversity in Library and Information Science (CIDLIS)
We are are no longer accepting proposals for CIDLIS 2015. Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal.
This year, papers for the conference will be refereed and published as proceedings in the new open access Journal of Inclusion and Diversity in Library & Information Science Education (JIDLIS).
The CDLIS planning committee welcomes abstracts that address topics including – but not limited to – the following themes:
- Increasing diversity in LIS education, professions, research, and practice
- Libraries and information organizations as change agents
- The impact of libraries/librarians on social justice
- Libraries as Institutions of Human Rights
- Programming and service to underserved populations
- Programming and service to patrons with disabilities
- Cultural competence in LIS
- Methods for increasing diversity in LIS
Your abstract should be no more than 350 words and also include a title, and your name, title, organization, and contact information. Submitted abstracts must describe papers that have not been published previously nor are under consideration for publication.
Abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on August 30 via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be “Submission.”
Please email questions regarding registration and the call for abstracts to email@example.com.