2015 James Partridge Outstanding African American Information Professional Award
Presented by the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland and the Citizens for Maryland Libraries, the 2015 James Partridge Outstanding African American Information Professional Award honors the unsung members of the library profession who contribute greatly but who are often behind the scenes and not publicly recognized for their important contributions to librarianship and the library community.
Please consider nominating someone from your staff, someone you know, or yourself. Any information professional may make a nomination, but please make sure to get the consent of someone you nominate.
To be eligible, a nominee must:
- Be a graduate of an ALA-accredited program of library and information science.
- Be working at a library, archive, government agency, research center, library and information science professional organization, or other type of information center at the time of the nomination.
- Have demonstrated sustained, high quality contributions to and dedicated service in support of the mission of the information professions to provide access to information for all and high quality outreach to the community.
The James Partridge Awards Committee, appointed by the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland and the Citizens for Maryland Libraries, will select the winner of the award based on the following criteria that reflect the life and ideals of James Partridge:
- The award recipient will exemplify the highest ideals of the library and information professions, including career-long dedicated service, leadership and commitment to the empowerment of those they serve.
- The award recipient will have demonstrated true advocacy for the right of all people to access and understand information.
- While deserving of accolades, the award recipient must not have been widely recognized already for contributions to the library and information professions and the community by his/her professional peers.
Please submit a letter of nomination that includes the following information:
- The nominee’s name and place of employment.
- The number of years of service of the nominee to the library and information professions.
- Documented evidence of the nominee’s contributions to his/her place of employment and the library and information professions. Please include as many specifics as possible.
Nominations can be sent to Dr. Paul T. Jaeger either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org, “Partridge Award Nomination” must be specified in the subject line) or via mail:
James Partridge Awards Committee, c/o Dr. Paul T. Jaeger
4105 Hornbake Building
College of Information Studies
University of Maryland
College Park, MD, 20742
Nominations will be accepted until September 1, 2015.
The 2015 James Partridge Award will be presented during the Conference on Inclusion and Diversity in Library & Information Science (CIDLIS), which will be hosted by the College of Information Studies on the University of Maryland campus.